New User Tools and Mobile Tablet Apps to Boost Productivity in Consignment Management, Production and Quality Control.
Tuesday, 5th October 2021, Sittingbourne, UK: Affinitus, the market leading provider of business management software solutions for the fresh produce, food, and horticulture industries, today announces the availability of new user tools and mobile tablet applications for its fresh produce ERP solution; Freshware.
Delivering on the commitment to continuously develop its solution portfolio to meet the demands of the industries they serve; these latest solution enhancements are in response to customer requests and user feedback. New tools and data fields have been added to aid user productivity in the areas of consignment management and production. In addition, new mobile applications designed for Android tablet devices will empower packhouse and QC personnel with real-time data and business critical information, literally, at their fingertips.
Goods-Intake & Consignment Management
Multiple “Expected” consignments may be electronically imported in bulk, removing the need for repetitive error-prone manual data entry. This includes consignment data received via EDI, Shipping Manifest, ASN or in Spreadsheet format.
New data capture fields have been added to the Consignment information specifically to meet the post-Brexit requirements for importers. These fields capture additional consignment traceability information, including Vessel Name, Depart Port, Arrival Port, Commercial Trader and Haulier information.
To further streamline the consignment tracking functionality, the Freshware Mobile Intake QC application is now fully integrated to inform and update both the Freshware Consignment Entry screen and the Expected Arrivals screen.
Mobile Intake QC App
Using the Freshware Mobile Intake QC tablet application users can review live data on expected consignments and record intake QC information as part of the pallet receipting process. Consignment quantities can be verified or amended, pass/fail QC checks can be recorded against a fully configurable QC questionnaire, any defects are recorded with images taken and stored against the submitted QC record.
As soon as an Intake QC report is submitted for a consignment, a QC RAG status is set per pallet. This RAG status is immediately updated against the stock record and is used to inform production planning and ensure correct stock allocation.
Several new features have been introduced to the Freshware Production and Packhouse Management module. These include:
– Job prioritisation – jobs may be flagged as “Urgent” which elevates them to the top of the job list.
– Quantity amendments feature for “started” jobs once confirmed orders have been received.
– A Label Date field has been introduced for customers using Julian date codes.
– The Production Job View screen has been updated to indicate where stock is assigned to jobs.
– Jobs may be allocated onto the visual production scheduler by “drag and drop” providing the planning team with an easy view of running times per job/shift/day.
– Automatic calculation of production job run time, based on Packs per Minute.
– Real-time monitoring of job progress with auto-calculation of % complete and time to completion based on live speed of production. This provides a key performance visual to inform production planning, and dispatch.
Mobile Packhouse Management App
A new mobile Job Allocation application designed to help stock movers pre-prepare the stock for each production line and allocate the stock directly to each job using barcode scanning.
– The jobs are displayed in order of scheduled time and colour-coded to indicate if all assigned stock is scanned to the job (Green).
– A full pallet can be allocated to a job or split across multiple jobs.
– Unused pallets/part pallets of stock from the production job can be returned to stock.
– If multiple consignments are used on a single job, the system puts a flag on the job so the sale of the produced goods can automatically be apportioned back and split across the original multiple consignments.
– All start up checks, QC questions, pause reasons, etc can be set up or edited in real time via the mobile application, and be immediately available for use on the production floor.
– The time that each pallet of finished goods is completed is recorded for traceability purposes.
– Yield calculation is available to track the waste %.
All new features are available now. Live demonstrations of the Freshware mobile applications will be available at the forthcoming FPC Future 2021 event, Lincolnshire Showground, 4th November, Stand E94.
For further information or to book a software demonstration please contact email@example.com.