The current UK focus on food labelling means that all food producers, whether selling through retail or to their wholesale customers, must provide comprehensive technical documentation, with regular audits from agencies such the BRC and large retailers.
The Product Specifications module aims to simplify the generation of product declarations by allowing additives, allergens, nutritional and other certification information to be added to your existing purchased ingredients data. This is fully integrated within the existing Foodlogik database, so there is no need for double-entry or interfacing to complex third party packages – Foodlogik enables you to set things up precisely the way you need to.
Use Foodlogik to set up our own specification database containing:
- Additives – e numbers and categories
- Nutritional values – fats carbohydrates, etc.
- Suitability (“does this product contained Maize of Maize derivatives”)
- Packing information
- Sell by/use by dates
- Recipes – entered directly or automatically generated from the SOM Recipe Costing system
- Ingredient declaration – automatically generated
- Ingredient search – check what ingredients do or do not contain specific additives and allergens
- Supplier certification dates – automatically send reminder emails
In short, enough information to enable a full product specification document or a product label to be generated quickly and efficiently.