The current focus on food labelling and the advent of Natasha’s Law means that it is the legal responsibility of food producers, whether selling through retail or to their wholesale customers, to provide accurate and comprehensive food technical documentation, with regular audits from agencies such the BRC and large retailers.
The Product Specifications module aims to simplify the generation of ingredient declarations by allowing additives, allergens, nutritional, risk and other certification information to be added to your existing ingredients data. This is fully integrated within the existing Foodlogik database, so there is no need for double-entry or complex interfacing to third party packages – Foodlogik enables you to hold fully comprehensive product and ingredients details.
Use Foodlogik to set up your own specification database containing:
- Nutritional values
- Suitability – e.g. “does this product contain Egg or egg derivatives?”
- May Contain
- Packaging information
- Sell by/use by dates
- Recipes – entered directly or automatically generated from the SOM Recipe Costing system
- Ingredient declaration – automatically generated
- Ingredient search – check what ingredients do or do not contain specific additives and allergens
- Supplier certification dates and standards
- Allergen and Mandatory Nutrients report
- Quality Attribute Sheets
- Label printing and export to label printing software
The Foodlogik Product Specifications module provides a single repository to manage all your food labelling and documentation requirements.